Which Bangkok Hood Is For You?

Bangkok is an extremely massive city with over 10 million inhabitants. I’m not exactly sure where the city starts and where it ends. All I know is that greater Bangkok (the area surrounding central Bangkok) is getting greater and greater to accommodate everyone coming into the city. It can take two to three hours, if not more, to get from one end of the city to another. So as a traveler, you really want to pick your accommodation wisely that best fits to what you want to experience! Read More …

Speak My Language

Language barriers…oh, don’t we love them. You can most definitely bet that you will have some funny and frustrating experiences in Bangkok where communication is concerned, but take it all in stride. No travel is fun without a bit of struggle. A word of advice, if the Thais are nodding and smiling while you are talking, 60% of the time they have no clue what you are saying. The remaining 40% of the time, they are just too shy to converse back, but they do understand you… for the most part. Read More …

“Weather” You Like It Or Not

When you are planning your trip to Bangkok, the one thing you need to know about the weather is that it is hot and humid almost all the time. Growing up in Bangkok all my life, I have learnt that they are three seasons: hot, very hot and unbearably hot. Well, that’s how I feel anyways! In all honesty, there are three vaguely definable seasons in Bangkok. Read More …

Travel Essentials for Bangkok

When it comes to travelling, the most gruesome task is the packing, for me anyways. It stresses me out. I’m sure we all ask the same questions repetitively, “Am I over packing? Am I packing the right things? OMG! I’m forgetting something!” Not to worry, I’m here to ensure you have all the travel essentials for Bangkok in your suitcase. Read More …